Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Lucha Libre AAA: Heroes of the Ring Screens

I have a few updates today from Konami's Gamer's Night.

I was once a huge wrestling fan (late 80's/early 90's), and certainly a big fan of the games as well.  Both the live action and the games have fallen out of my favor.  I feel like I still want to like wrestling, but the shows are lacking in content and the games are too arcade-y and have gotten extremely stale.  Chalk that one up to THQ having the WWE license wrapped up (Madden syndrome).

TNA was pretty weak as far as game mechanics go, so that leaves me with playing old Japanese Puroresu games like King of Colosseum 2 and Square's All-Star Pro Wrestling 3, which are still very excellent but now pretty dated.  Firepro Wrestling Returns on PS2 was also pretty good, but it's hard to play a 2D wrestler nowadays.

Back to the subject at hand.  I know very little about the gameplay in Lucha Libre AAA, but here's a batch of screen shots.  I love the Lucha style of wrestling.  The character models look decent enough in stills.  If the animation is top notch and the gameplay is solid, I'm on board.




No comments:

Post a Comment