Wednesday, February 17, 2010

White Knight Chronicles Progress

White Knight Chronicles is still soaking up all my game time since I'm on deck for the review.  It's been a bit of a disappointment.  My expectations were rightfully high since the first time we were shown the gameplay trailer before the launch of the PS3.


The character models and environments are comparable, but that's about it.  The gameplay is not nearly as engaging as it looks in that video.  The animation is way dumbed down as well.  It's not that it's a bad game, it's just completely average.  The online portions offer some hope to the dragging single player, but you have to play through the story to unlock the online quests.  If I wasn't constantly and completely starved to play RPGs (and reviewing it), I probably wouldn't bother.

No comments:

Post a Comment