Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Final Fantasy XIII Review Posted on Gaming Age

I finished the game on Sunday with around 52 hours on the clock.  The review was posted on Gaming Age today.  As you can tell from the text and the score, I was really impressed.  Writing for Gaming Age can sometimes be a tricky proposition.  We are just gamers like yourself with lives outside of the gaming industry, not truly professionals.  This means a 52 hour RPG is going to take a bit longer to get a review out than, let's say, someone at 1up or IGN.

The best I can do is throw up some first impressions and maybe even updated impressions on here as I play along.  So, one of the hardest things to do is not review a review or not make statements about the current mood in the NeoGAF game thread.  I tried to talk about the pacing of the game without debating the opening week uproar over the "OMG linearity" and "the tutorial is 20 hours long!"  Hopefully the review stands on its own and will better stand the test of time because of it.  If I ever debate anything the community or press is saying about a game, that's what this space is for :)

2 comments: